Upgrading to Analytica 5
If you have a subscription for Analytica 5.0 or 5.1, it is equally valid for Analytica 5.2. Just install it.
If you have current support for Analytica 4.6, you can upgrade Free to an Analytica 5 subscription for the duration of your support. This page tells you how to do it and what you need to know about the new subscription-based licensing.
If your support expired before October 2017, or you are interested in a new Analytica license, see Subscriptions to Analytica.
If you have any questions, need a quote, or wish to place an order, please call us at 650-212-1212, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the release of Analytica 5, Lumina changed to subscription-based licensing - in line with most software companies:
- For a new user, the price of a first year subscription is the same as the previous price for each edition
- You can renew a subscription each year for 50% of the initial price
- A subscription includes technical support and minor upgrades, like our previous support. In addition, a subscription covers major upgrades, like this upgrade to 5.2. Previously, a major upgrade cost about 70% of the list price
- You must renew a subscription before it expires to get the 50% renewal price
Free upgrade to 5.2
- If you have current support, you can upgrade to 5.2 for free for the rest of your support period
- You can download the installer from Analytica Downloads
- Your free upgrade expires on your support expiration date, usually 12 months from when you purchased Analytica or last renewed your support
- Until your subscription expires, you can purchase a new 12 month subscription for 50% of the full price
- If you don't renew your subscription by then, you will have to buy at full price
- You will receive reminders by email and inside Analytica in good time (one month) to renew your subscription or support before it expires
We understand that some existing users may want to continue with a perpetual license. So, we offer a “grandfathered” scheme for end users with licenses with current support:
- Until your support expires, you may purchase an upgrade to a 5.2 perpetual license, including 12 additional months of support, at 70% of the full price. (This is about the same upgrade price as for previous major releases - e.g., Release 4.0.)
- You can renew annual support in subsequent years for 30% of the full price (previously 20 to 25%)
- Unfortunately, for contractual reasons, we can't offer a true perpetual license for Optimizer editions, including Power Player, ADE, ACP server with Optimizer, and Plug-in Solvers. To retain use of the Optimizer or plug-ins, you must keep your support active. If your support expires, your license will revert to the corresponding base version, i.e., Enterprise (from Optimizer), Power Player, or ADE without the Optimizer options.
- As before, support covers minor upgrades but not major upgrades, and we may charge around 70% for major upgrades in the future. We expect to provide major upgrades every 2 to 3 years.
When to decide
- You don’t have to decide which option you want immediately.
- But, you must place your order before your free subscription or current support expires to receive the 50% discount for a subscription or 30% discount for a perpetual license.
- Otherwise, you will have to purchase a new subscription at full price.
- We will send reminders by email and inside Analytica in good time (one month) to renew your subscription or support before it expires.
- Even if you take advantage of this free upgrade to a 5.0 subscription, you will still have the option to revert back to your old 4.6 license.
- As an Analytica user, you can do your own analysis to find out which option works best for you!